WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH CPCCo!
At Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
As a Mechanical Engineer in this role, you will provide Design Authority support for the Central Plateau Risk Mitigation Project and its support systems. This includes: - Nuclear facility walk downs and planning cold and dark activities for facilities such as REDOX, PUREX, and B-Plant. - Maintenance of configuration control baseline drawings and documents. - Approval of facility operating procedures, preventative and corrective maintenance procedures, facility troubleshooting, and material management including spare parts. - Response to off shift/weekend facility issues may occasionally be required.
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CPCCo, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing. * A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance. * An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CPCCo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or a Professional Engineering (PE) License.
- 10 years related experience to include HVAC design.
- US Citizen.
- CPCCo is a Federal Government Contractor and therefore required to comply with Federally mandated COVID-19 safety protocols. CPCCo employees are required to attest to and provide verification that they are fully vaccinated.
- Experience with Hanford operational and engineering requirements. - Nuclear facility experience. - HVAC experience in nuclear facilities.
CPCCo will instill a closure mindset and deliver headline-worthy changes throughout the contract, beginning with gaining DOEand regulator alignment on the ultimate vision, refocusing the site culture with a bias toward action, transforming the skyline, reducing site risk and liability, and shrinking overall lifecycle costs and schedule. Our Hanford vision looks beyond this 10-year contract to an integrated site lifecycle approach that safely achieves meaningful near-term goals and reduces risk, while accelerating the overall remediation schedule and minimizing lifecycle costs.
Underpinning this vision and a critical element of our management approach is the Plateau Risk Elimination Program (PREP), our dynamic modeling system proven both in DOE at Idaho and globally at Sellafield. PREP was fine-tuned for Hanford to time-phase activities and will continue optimizing the schedule during execution. Our vision, supported by the PREP model, shows what is achievable within the contract period. We will partner with DOE to finalize an accelerated cleanup plan, reduce long-term liability, and make the Master IDIQ contract a vehicle for success. CPCCo is the perfect partner for this missio...n, bringing eminently qualified key personnel and lessons learned from 179 years of experience across the DOE complex and industry.