The Cimarron Valley Railroad (CVR) is located in Satanta, KS. This railroad is committed to moving the distinctive blend of Midwestern goods that are grown and produced in Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado to a worldwide audience in a safe, environmentally friendly and cost-efficient mode of transportation. CVR also is steadfast in providing seamless service to all of our customers, whether they are shipping one load, 500 loads, single cars or dedicated trains. Our goal is to support our customers so they achieve their goals.
Location: This position will report to Satanta, KS
The Roadmaster position is required to safely and efficiently inspect, repair, and maintain the railroad track infrastructure to insure safe and efficient service to our customers. This position requires that the individual is proficient in and can supervise team members performing the following skills, duties, and requirements.
Required to supervise Track Laborer, Trackman 1st Class, Truck Driver/Machine Operator, Foreman/Assistant Foreman, and Inspector/Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inspect, unload, load, distribute, pick-up, install cross ties, switch ties, other track material and ballast.
7. Inspect, protect, flag, maintain, repair and construct culverts and tunnels.
8. Inspect, dismantle, remove, maintain, repair and paint station facilities.
9. Inspect, test, maintain, repair, construct and install scales.
10. Inspect, remove, maintain, repair, construct, and install right of way, sand and snow fences
11. Inspect, construct, install, maintain, clean and paint signs.
12. Cut and dispose of vegetation.
13. Clean debris from switches.
14. Remove snow or other foreign materials from track infrastructure.
15. Accurate and timely reporting as required.
16. Read and accurately interpret company documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and federal and state regulations.
17. Communicate professionally and effectively.
18. Must possess a comprehensive understanding of track authority.
19. Comply with performance metrics measurements and deadlines.
20. Practice safe work habits and follow company and industry policies, procedures and regulations.
21. Respond promptly to any accident, incident or emergency call.
22. Operate, maintain, and repair vehicles and track equipment.
23. Inspect completed work to insure quality and compliance with established track standards.
24. Help, mentor, and train track personnel.
25. Assist in training and directing track laborers.
26. Obtain and operate under track warrants.
27. Supervise restoration of track under traffic condition.
28. Read and analyze reports, blueprints, and other technical materials.
29. Assisting with provision of appropriate estimating reports (projects).
30. Identify project risks and opportunities.
31. Assisting with the cost estimates and proposals.
32. Supervises and develops work plans, budgets and capital spending in conjunction with the COO.
33. Scheduling and performance of all track activities.
34. Prepare inspection reports.
35. Coordinates work activities with all departments as needed.
36. Attends meetings and conference calls as required.
37. Evaluate and document performance of subordinate team members.
· Must be 18 years or older.
· High school education or general education development (GED).
· Higher education or university program certificate or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in railroad management or the combination of supervisory experience and training in a course in track maintenance.
Certificates and Licenses:
· Must have a valid driver's license
· The team member in this job must pass specific tests/qualifications that are regulated for compliance/safety in order to retain the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
· Must have the ability to write legibly.
· Must be able to perform duties that require heavy lifting.
· Must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
· Must be able to have a flexible work schedule.
· Must have the ability to recognize problems.
· Must have knowledge of and be able apply the Roadway Protection Rules.
· Must have a broad understanding of railroad operations.
· Must have knowledge of and be able to apply the FRA Track Safety Standards.
· Must have experience in operating railroad equipment.
· Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic math and calculate figures.
· Must have the ability to perform duties without direct supervision.
· Must have familiarity with employment practices.
· Must have familiarity with applicable governmental regulations.
· Ability to effectively manage contractors.
· Experience in capital planning.
· Experience with budget management.
· Experience in interactions with governmental agencies.
Jaguar Transport Holdings, LLC is a logistics company that provides innovative and sustainable solutions for customers through trucking, warehousing, rail, and transloading services. Since being established in 2018, Jaguar Transport has grown their operations throughout the US and is actively seeking hard working, dedicated individuals to join the team!