We are looking for someone with 5+ years of quality control experience in a manufacturing setting to fill a Quality Group Manager position at Onyx Specialty Papers. Onyx is a specialty papers manufacturing company located in Western Massachusetts. We produce engineered papers for a range of different markets, including automotive, decorative laminates, medical and filtration. In addition to the Manager, the Quality Group consists of two engineers and one technician. The Quality Group Manager is a working supervisor who will carry his/her own project load in addition to overseeing the work of the other group members.
The preferred candidate will have quality control experience in automotive or medical markets.
While prior supervisory experience is preferred but not required, the successful candidate must have demonstrated the competencies we feel are needed to develop into a successful supervisor – ability to manage performance and deliver results with minimal supervision, ability to foster teamwork and lead teams, and strong interpersonal skills (communication, conflict resolution, and emotional intelligence). Because the successful candidate will bring significant quality control experience, we expect this individual to teach and coach the other group members in the fundamentals and principles of quality control.
As the Quality Group Manager, you will be responsible for managing quality-related issues with customers and suppliers, and will lead continuous improvement efforts within the business. Some other responsibilities you will have are:
· Lead effort to resolve customer complaints in a timely and thorough manner. Communicate with customers regarding status of concerns and quality issues
· Implement methods to inspect, test, and evaluate products and ensure the integrity and calibration of testing equipment
· Utilize Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to thoroughly understand a quality problem and to develop prevention strategies
· Lead completion of 8D reports for customer issues thoroughly and on time
· Utilize Six Sigma Tools to identify opportunities for improvement
· Utilize statistical methods to establish and verify specifications
· Ensure processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained.
Maintain ISO 9001 Certification
· Understand and communicate customer specific requirements to the organization
· Support new productive development through review, preparation and submission of new product launch PPAPs as required
Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
5+ years of quality control experience in ISO-Certified manufacturing setting; experience specific to automotive or medical preferred
Knowledge and understanding of statistics, FMEA, Control Plan APQP, PPAP, SPC, and product and process capability
Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time and follow them through to solution: ability to work under time pressures.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to meet task deadlines
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: <10%
Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent experience
Lead Auditor Training
RCCA Training (Root Cause Corrective Action)
About Onyx Specialty Papers
Onyx Specialty Papers has been manufacturing technically exacting papers since 1806. Our Customers are at the center of our Guiding Principles. An innovative agile company backed by a 200+ year tradition Our goal, from start to finish is to meet customer needs every day. We work to deliver the best possible product by understanding our customers’ business needs. We collaborate with our suppliers to source high performance raw materials. We foster new approaches to product development and encourage innovation and experimentation.
Small scale manufacturing allows us to take on challenges that other mills may back away from. Our size gives us the flexibility to respond to your development challenges and the capacity to handle high volume projects.