Lead and manage capital improvement projects integral to the Landside business plans and initiatives of Sea-Tac International Airport. Typical capital improvement projects include roadways and facilities that support curbside, employee and public parking, rental car, and ground transportation operations. Ensure the completion of scope within the schedule and budget approved by the Port Commission. Plan, develop, coordinate and direct several concurrent projects.
This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Effectively lead, manage and facilitate capital and expense construction projects from approval to completion. Serve as principal point of contact for all issues related to assigned projects.
- Facilitate project planning meetings. Lead business groups through the project definition efforts, including determining project objectives, developing project scope, initial budget estimates, preliminary project schedules, and provide input for obtaining project planning funds.
- Facilitate the design process through regular interaction with project owner, key stakeholders, and project design team. Ensure adherence to project requirements and Port specifications and standards.
- Ensure compliance to Federal, State, Port and other regulatory agency regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that provisions to minimize disruptions to operations and the public, while ensuring the safety of the public, employees, and contractors are included in project contract documents.
- Support Port Construction Management staff during construction of the project. Ensure the design team responds to requests for information and project submittals in a timely fashion.
- Manage, track and report project controls including project scope, schedule, budget and authorization.
- Manage design contracts in support of the projects including solicitation and procurement of the design team, preparation and execution of service agreements and amendments, review and approval of invoices according to Port guidelines.
- Ensure completion of project closeout includes public works contract closeout, booking of capital assets, and completion of project as-built records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of project management principles, practices, and procedures, including cost estimating and managing project budgets and schedules. Knowledge of engineering and architectural design principles, practices and procedures. Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and related regulations, guidelines and procedures as they relate to Port construction projects.
Demonstrated effective leadership skills and the ability to effectively influence people without direct authority. Strong customer service skills and the ability to respond effectively to challenging customers. Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal. Proficient computer skills including the use of various computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and other database and project management software. Skill in utilizing critical and creative thinking and problem solving.
Ability to understand project plans and specifications, prioritize competing tasks and pay attention to detail. Ability to lead project teams consisting of both in-house and consultant staff in engineering, design, and construction.