Be an industry recognized leader within the Practice.
Build the Practice, across the entire firm
Help win the largest, best and most strategic pursuits within the Practice, across the firm
Be visibly involved with leadership roles in professional organizations related to the Practice. Speak and present at conferences and seminars. Be a thought leader.
Recruit and hire key talent within the Practice, across all offices. Grow people and talent, in number and skills, within the Practice, across the firm
Assist Area Leaders in developing and implementing Corporate Strategy within the Practice across the firm
Directly responsible for managing the marketing and branding budget across the Practice
Is expected to focus approximately 60% of time on the Client & Growth, and People & Talent quadrants of the Balanced Scorecard. The remaining 40% will be focused on the Financial & Delivery, and Business Process quadrants
Is expected to leverage skills across many projects, in a Technical Advisory, Quality Control or similar capacity. Ideally, the Technical Practice Leader will be the Project Manager on few, if any, projects
Help the Area Leader hire Local Technical Leaders for Practice Areas that do not currently exist in that Geography. Help the Local Technical Leaders grow the Practice in that Geography.
Meet Marketing / Branding, Sales, Staff Retention and Staff Recruitment metrics for the Practice across the company
Will have a personal billable target in the range of 40-50%
Decision-making authority for marketing and branding budget for the Practice. Advisor to Area Leader on Go / No Go decisions
Decision-making, in consultation with Area Leader, on technical and project delivery matters in the geography
Areas/Fields of Practice:
**Please indicate on your submission which Area of Practice you are interested in pursuing
Water Treatment & Reuse
Water Quality & Permitting
Minimum 12 years, preferably more than 18 years, professional experience in A/E/C industry
Prior technical group or practice leadership experience preferred
Bachelor degree in science or engineering required. Master or PhD degree strongly preferred
For those professions that offer licenses or similar accreditation--such as Professional Engineer—possession of such a license is strongly preferred
Prior experience developing business within the practice, and growing a technical group, is strongly preferred
**To apply>> Please use the following link to submit your application directly on our website for consideration.
ALAN PLUMMER ASSOCIATES, INC. (APAI) has conducted business with quality and integrity for over 37 years. A regional firm founded in 1978 with a vision to uphold environmental stewardship and technical excellence, APAI is committed to serving our clients with distinction and integrity. Today, with nearly 90 employees and four Texas offices in Fort Worth, Dallas, Austin, and Houston, as well as locations in College Station, Texas, and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; APAI continues that commitment.
When it comes to water, we can study it, plan it, model it, design it, permit it, and manage it during construction. Dedicated to water resources and environmental engineering, our firm balances sound engineering principles with innovative technology tailored to our clients’ needs. From initial project kick-off, through stringent QC review, to a completed project, our focus stays on developing cost-effective solutions for our clients.
What sets us apart from other companies is our concern, our clients, and our employees. “It’s the people here that make the difference."- Alan Plummer