Southco, Inc is seeking an experienced Production Manager in our Injection Molding Dept. Located in our Global Headquarters in Concordville, PA - (Greater Philadelphia Region) this is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career and add value to a global leader in access hardware.
Manage facility manufacturing, or a business unit comprised of three or more cost centers within a manufacturing facility. The Production Manager II is responsible for the overall performance of facility manufacturing,within the Injection Molding department, including but not limited to: Management of between 40 to 100 people (direct and indirect); capacity management; quality/delivery/cost management; continuous improvement activities; supply chain initiatives within the facility or business unit; management of manufacturing toward the long-term future state (as defined in the value stream map); and daily and strategic focus on engineering and maintenance issues. The Production Manager II may lead or participate in one or more BPN (Business Process Network) teams.
•Develops, plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day activity of resources (people and capital) within production departments within the facility, so as to ensure achievement of strong financial performance, EQDC results, and related scorecard results. Metrics include on-time delivery (request and promise) and indirect labor cost. Additionally, the Production Manager II ensures adherence to targets set for headcount and overtime, or proper adjustment to headcount and overtime based on business need.
• Analyzes the capacity within their span of control, and implements actions to maximize productive capacity. Directs the application of set-up reduction techniques and the development/implementation of standardized work within the manufacturing departments via 5S to deliver high quality products at the lowest cost and with the shortest leadtime. Measures include, on-time finish of production jobs, cycle time and lead time reduction, and defect rate (ppm) for hard and soft errors.
• Creates a culture of continuous improvement within the business unit. Coordinates all continuous improvement activities and overseas the development/training of employees assigned to their areas of responsibility (direct or indirect). Cross trains employees for maximum flexibility. Monitors performance with visual management systems to ensure compliance and identifies opportunities for improvement. Metrics include such things as number of safety incidents, day-by-the-hour production tracking, Mattec performance monitoring, or training hours by employee/department.
• Responsible for the leadership of personnel assigned to their areas of focus. Coordinates the staffing and salary administration amongst their assigned workforce (direct, indirect; hourly, salary). Ensures that applicable company policies and work instructions are fairly, consistently, and uniformly followed. Responsible for providing and encouraging an environment which promotes positive morale and employee development. Key metrics include, but are not limited to: timely completion of PDR’s and implementation of goals (performance and development) for all employees in your charge; compliance to applicable health and safety requirements; compliance to applicable company policies and work instructions.
• Lead and/or participate in a relevant BPN (Business Process Network) aimed in driving process consistency at Southco locations around the world.
• BS degree required, advanced degree preferred, in a technical field of study preferred. •Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a supervisory capacity preferably within a production setting. •Must have excellent people, organizational and communication skills. •Must be able to handle stress and make quick decisions with incomplete information. •Must have general knowledge of Southco’s Injection Molding, Quality, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Business Systems. •Must have proven customer service abilities
Southco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: base annual salary plus targeted annual bonus, 401 (k) with company match and ESOP
Internal Number: 28691
About Southco, Inc.
Southco has built an unmatched portfolio of access hardware solutions, through innovation and strategic acquisitions. Our offerings include over 25,000 standard catalog products and more than 50,000 custom products that have been created to meet our customers' design needs. In order to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers, Southco has built and invested in a strong global footprint of technical sales, marketing, engineering and manufacturing operations throughout the world.
Open a world of possibilities. Turn to Southco for proven experience, innovative solutions and world-class global support.