· Create Bills of Materials (BOM) and identify components on drawings
· Provide quality control of drawings and other documentation created by the Design Division
· Understand local, customer and national codes as required, i.e. NEC Code, PG&E documents including the Electric Design Manual, Greenbook, and others found in the Technical Information Library, City and County Codes
· Working with WV project managers and customers
· Documentation and report writing
This is a highly successful underground construction company that has enjoyed continued growth in its 60-year history. Known for doing work right and its high ethical standards, the Company continues to look for the most competent and committed individuals to join its engineering team. The Company has 9 locations throughout California and offers opportunities for professional growth as well as ownership in the Company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan as well as an outstanding stock purchase program.
Minimum 5 Years’ Experience and PE License as an electrical engineer – Senior Level
Alternatively, experience working directly for a utility will be considered
Experience with PG&E standards is highly desired
Familiarity with underground utility installation
Auto Cad Civil 3D experience required
Must be proficient on MS Office products
Excellent writing skills
Effective communication skills – able to listen and understand customer and project managers’ needs
Ability to visit job sites
The qualified candidate will have a California license as an electrical engineer with 5 years’ experience, preferably in underground electrical construction.
Additional Salary Information: BENEFITS:
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan
· Stock purchase plan, with discounted price
· 4 Group Health insurance plans to choose from, 2 with HSA’s; company pays 95% of employee premium and 85% of dependent premium. Kaiser is an option – the company pays 100% of premium for employee and dependents.
· Bonus opportunity based on company and division/individual performance. Standard vacation, holiday, and paid sick time.
About West Valley Construction
West Valley Construction Company has been in business since 1958. Highly successful, and growing annually. This company provides underground construction, wet/dry utilities. Corporate office is headquartered in Campbell, CA.