This is an opportunity to work independently and collaboratively on discrete projects including the Connections 2045 Municipal Implementation Toolbox and the Central Jersey Transportation Forum (CJTF) Project Database. Connections 2045 is the title of DVRPC's most recent update of the region’s Long-Range Plan. DVRPC works with the public and stakeholders to craft a vision for the future, and identifies strategies to achieve it. The Central Jersey Transportation Forum (CJTF) is a collection of mayors, other elected officials, and planning staff members from municipalities within Mercer, Somerset, and Middlesex Counties who meet regularly to discuss and address transportation and land use issues along the US 1, US 130, and US 206 corridors.
· Assist with research, data collection, graphic design, and website preparation for the Connections 2045 Municipal Implementation Toolbox.
· Participate or assist in stakeholder and study committee meetings.
· Create content such as maps, diagrams, charts, and other visual elements.
· Conduct various research activities into long-range plan implementation best practices and synthesize findings.
· Assist in the logistical design of a new transportation/land use project database for Central Jersey based on past years’ Planned Project Status Reports and the beta website designed for this purpose.
· Conduct outreach to municipal and county contacts in the region to identify and record ongoing and planned projects.
· Update database and create tutorial for Forum members to do so on their own.
Knowledge of and interest in transportation, land use, equity, sustainability, economic development, and performance-based planning principles and issues.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Access, ArcGIS, and Adobe Illustrator or a similar program.
Ability to assimilate complex technical information and discuss it clearly verbally and in writing.
Ability to establish effective relations with associates and partner organizations.
Ability to switch among diverse tasks while meeting deadlines.
Experience with front-end web development and/or asp.net a plus, but not required.
Availability This is a FY 2018 spring semester position, and a commitment of 15 hours per week is desired, with an opportunity to extend into the summer.
Compensation Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with Work-Study funding are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education & Training Must have completed at least THREE YEARS of a college/university program or be enrolled in a master's program (preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
To apply, send resume / CV with cover letter to Human Resources via:
Email: email@example.com; or fax: 215-592-9125; or mail: 190 N. Independence Mall West / 8th Floor / Philadelphia, PA 19106
About Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission is dedicated to uniting the region's elected officials, planning professionals and the public with a common vision of making a great region even greater. Shaping the way we live, work and play, DVRPC builds consensus on improving transportation, promoting smart growth, protecting the environment and enhancing the economy.
We serve a diverse regio...n of nine counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia in Pennsylvania; and Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and Mercer in New Jersey. DVRPC is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization for the Greater Philadelphia Region - leading the way to a better future.